Day of Thanks

Sunday, November 30, 2008


The night before thanksgiving we headed to the local grocery store (by local I mean 6 blocks and a 10 minute subway ride) to purchase last minute thanksgiving ingredients. For a little taste of home we promised our hosts homemade buttermilk Ranch Dressing and Grandpa's Famous vanilla Ice cream.

The next morning at 5:30 AM we awoke in preparation for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I hurried through my morning routine and then.... my beloved 450 degree golden Helen of troy curling iron broke.... needless to say at 5:30AM the smarts are really flowing... so in a rush I hot glue gunned the rubber tip back onto the iron, and then forged onward with the curling. Half way threw my hair I notice little spider like strings of glue stretching from hair to iron.(Brilliant Tigan, Just Brilliant) Oh yes, there was hot glue in my hair it took and hour to pull all the dried glue off the strands.

We did however make it out the door with our own fresh hot chocolate and almond Carmel biscotte. We had had ambitions to arrive at least an hour early but holiday laziness and hot glue gun catastrophe over came us and we didn't arrive in Manhattan until just before 9:00.

By this time the bleachers and crowds were over flowing and as we wandered through central park I felt my dreams of front row parade gazing dwindle and die in the ocean of heads blocking my view. Then we Noticed that children were perched atop the trees in central park. This seemed like a brilliant beyond brilliant plan, so we scoured the lawn for vacant shrubbery but, there was none to be found. Then Blake noticed that between two sets of bleachers there was a free space front and center. This would have been perfect if not for the 10ft central park stone wall blocking our supreme spot. (Ha Ha said Blake as he dashed forward, This wall is no match for me!




After attaining our prime location, we got to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade the way it is always suppose to be watched......Within ToUcHiNG distance.






And don't you worry we even got to see SANTA



The Jolly man HIMSELF!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram