I Spell Fo-net-ik-lee

Thursday, October 29, 2009



By the way if you haven't noticed I'm a terrible speller. I'm also terrible with capitalization, punctuation basically all the grammatical forms of the English language. I wish I could say I was better in something cool like french or Spanish but... I'm not. I attribute all of these wonderful faults to a little thing I like to call Dyslexia. Now STOP I've had it since... well forever so no pity please. Maybe when I was younger but I've grown to except my little phonetic quarks. I've also grown to embrace them.

I've always loved to write but what floats around in my head never seems to come out just right on paper. Well without spellcheck that is. So when I thought about starting a blog I paused for just a moment to consider the impact my grammatical errors might have on the world. I mean I can think of numerous occasions when I have mis-spelled or mis-used a seemingly innocent series of sentences and had it turn out a little x rated, made me look a complete fool or been simply illegible.

I guess potentially it could mean I'm stupid but I like to think of it more as my own personal artistic adaptation. I write like I talk dot dot dots and all. I think it tends to make things just a little bit more spicy or exciting whichever you prefer. I really do try my best to add in capital letters at the start of sentences and i before e except after c's but more often then not I just throw what you do see in for good measure A capital here a few commas there what ever suits my fancy. However most of the time I really just can't see the mistakes at all. So you get whatever spellcheck and my series of 5 proof reads don't detect. I know English teachers everywhere are staring at their computer screens simply appalled but you get to a point in your life when you either cower behind your flaws hoping no one will notice or you tell the whole world that on occasion you even misspell the word cat and learn to embrace it.

Just in case you've ever wondered... now you know.

A couple examples you say...well why not!

Before spellcheck and a few proof reads:
I can think of numrus occasions when I have mis-spelled or mis-used a seemingly innocent series of sentencas and had it turn out a little x rated, made me look a complete fool or been simple illedgable.

From my last post:
OK so I'M PRIDEFUL. I'll wear that bag.

Mis-reading signs:
Once when I was out shopping with some girl friends I saw this window display talking about a black light but for some reason I thought it said BRIGHT light instead of BLACK light. I went on and on for like 10 minutes about how stupid the sales people were to have made that mistake. My girlfriends couldn't figure out what the heck I was talking about.

xoxo,
Photobucket


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram