Upholstery Makeover

Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Thursday I taught a Re-upholstery class for the women in my ward. I was really nervous that that class wouldn't turn out good, it would take to long and people would get bored. I mean when Martha does a project on TV she already has all the steps pre done. So I did my best to prepare a head of time and I think the class turned out pretty good!


I brought one chair exactly as I purchased it with the exception of the seat cushion being unpicked and one chair that I had painted and fully upholstered the seat cushion. Then I walked the girls though the entire project and an hour and a half later there you have it one re-upholster chair! Plus each chair only cost $25 dollars: $10 for the chair, $10 for fabric and $5 for paint. I'd say that's a pretty good deal!


Completed Chair

We had a drawing at the end of the class and this lucky lady got to take home both chairs one that was completely finished and one that she had to do on her own.


I also gave the ladies a handout with helpful hint that I thought I would share with all of you.


Good Luck on your Upholstery Makeovers
xoxo,

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram