Dark & Brooding Halloween Wreath

Monday, October 11, 2010

I really love Halloween it might be safe to say it's one of my favorite holidays. I mean think of all of the things it in incorporates, CANDY, COSTUMES, JACK-O-LANTERNS did I mention CANDY.
The one thing I don't really love about Halloween are cheesy decorations. I mean it's a holiday that celebrates dead spirits coming from beyond the gravy. I guess what I'm trying to say is happy smiling witches and silly skeletons really don't say Halloween to me, but DARK, CREEPY,BROODING HALLOWEEN WREATHS... just might cut it. So this year that's just what we did.
Blake really wanted to help with this project so off we went for supplies. I had seen these really beautiful black magnolias at one of the wholesale stores I frequent so we picked those up. I have really been into feathers lately so we also added some of those into the mix. Blake was insistent on mossy sticks and grosgrain ribbon, which he assured me he could distress to utter haunting perfection. So into the pot went the previous items a few other odds and ends and 1 can of matte black spray paint.

I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think?

Photobucket


Photobucket




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Evolve Fitness

Tigan Ink Creative

Instagram